1. Matt Kocher (Last Week: 1st) – Matt finished second last Thursday night but it wasn’t easy for him. The defending champ fell back to the fifth position from his front row starting spot and then worked the rest of the race to rally, ultimately ending up in second. Look for him to be strong this week at USA as he looks to continue to increase his points lead.
2. Justin MacDuff (Last Week: 2nd) –
3. Kris Stump (Last Week: 5th) – Stump is in elite company with MacDuff and Kocher as they are the only drivers to score top ten finishes in the first five races of the season. If not for a slip late at Iowa, Kris would be right there with the top two. By adding his name to the list of winners this season, it’s no question that Stump is a serious threat for the championship. Can he keep the momentum up?
4. Shawn Cool (Last Week: 4th) – After an up-and-down first handful of races, the driver coined “Rocket Fuel” Cool has found a little consistency, posting back to back top fives for the first time this season. Keep an eye on this driver the rest of the regular season! If Shawn can keep knocking down top fives, he may be a strong pick as a dark horse in the Chase.
5. Blake Near (Last Week: NR) – Brian Rogers Motorsports Rookie of the Year contender Blake Near has posted four consecutive top tens after suffering disappointment in the opener at Iowa. This team is trending in the right direction as we work our way into the second half of the regular season. Can Blake find his way to victory lane? A win would be a huge statement for this team headed towards the Chase!