1. Matt Kocher (Last Week: 2nd) – Matty Ice started his campaign to defend his championship with a solid second place effort after qualifying ninth. Look for him to be in the mix again when the league heads to IRP next Thursday!
2. Stefan Marinak (Last Week: 1st) – Marinak rallied from his seventh place starting spot to challenge within the top three early in the race at Iowa. After dueling with championship rival Matt Kocher late, Stefan was forced to settle for a third place result. The battle between the 2 and the 69 will be something to watch for all season!
3. AJ Hamel (Last Week: 4th) – The Green Mountain Madman had a really solid race at Iowa after starting the night off slowly, qualifying in the 16th position. AJ would manage his equipment and work his way into the fray late in the going, ultimately ending up 4th. This team is fired up and ready to go at IRP. Can he challenge for his first career win?
4. Justin MacDuff (Last Week: NR) – Justin MacDuff hit a homerun in the Coach’s Corner Lead Off 108! J-Mac started second, took the lead on lap 12 and never looked back, dominating the remainder of the race to pick up his first career URL Pro Series win. Was he a one hit wonder, or can he continue to contend all season long?
5. Shawn Cool (Last Week: 3rd) – Rocket Fuel looked good early at Iowa, contending for a podium position before fading back to 5th and getting caught up in a close quarters incident, effectively ending his night. This team won’t be down for long! Look for the Approval Series champion to bounce back at IRP.